Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wisdom in Scripture

I had the priviledge of traveling to Daytona Beach this past week to "work." We had to go and get things ready for this years High School "Defining Moments" camp. As I was there and was preparing to do my Quiet Time I decided to read the book of Eccleiastes. I did not ever really remember reading it so I thought I would.
As I began reading it I realized this book was captivating. I honestly could not stop reading. I read the entire book (okay I know it is not realy that long, but I don't read much). Anyway I read a few verses that just hit me right in the gut.

I have to admit one of my sins is worrying. Not worrying about everything. Actually I really don't worry about anything except for one thing. I am a worrier over money. Even though God has always provided all that my family and I need and most things that I want I still worry for some reason. I often have to ask God to forgive me for not having trust in Him in this area.

Well this brings me to the verse that God slapped me with last Friday. The verse's address is Ecclesiastes 7:14 and it says:

"Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life."

WOW!!! How true is this. It is like I think when I am doing well financially then God is "taking care of me" but when things get tight then He has forgotten about me. This verse spoke volumes to me. After I read this verse me and God had a little talk. My prayer was for Him to help me always remember this verse. If I can trust in Him for the little things why can't I trust in Him in what I think are the "big things!"

As Danielle says "My God is bigger than (fill in the blank)"

No comments:

BlogPatrol Free Blog Counter